I’ve made this recipe since high school, pretty basic but it really adds a lot of flavor to your regular ramen. Great, easy meal for college kids or beginner cooks: you just need a stove and a skillet! Note this recipe will feed two people, but it also reheats well, so it’s a perfect 2 in 1, make it for dinner and also eat it for lunch the next day meal.
Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- 1 packet Chicken flavored Ramen noodles
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 onion
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Other optional vegetable choices: zucchini, brocolli, carrots, baby corn
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat
- Cut your veggies and chicken into bite size pieces
- Add oil to skillet and saute your veggies and chicken
- While those are cooking, break up your ramen and add to a microwavable bowl filled with water. Microwave for 2 minutes, stir, and microwave for another two minutes. You’ll need about 1/3 cup of water left in the noodles, so drain some water or add some to the bowl depending on how much the noodles soaked up.
- Add the soy sauce, pepper flakes and the seasoning packet to the bowl. As soon as the chicken and veggies are cooked through, add the contents of the bowl to the skillet.
- Stir well, reduce heat and cook about 5 more minutes or until the noodles have soaked up all the water