Homemade mac and cheese is so easy and so good that your family will be begging for more. It heats up well in the microwave or oven so I like to make a big batch and keep some in the fridge to heat up when I’m hungry and don’t want to cook.
Baked Mac and Cheese
- 1 box macaroni
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder (or 1 tsp yellow mustard)
- Salt, pepper, Natures Seasoning
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cheese
- Boil your macaroni until tender, drain.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a loaf pan or casserole dish
- Crack your eggs into a large bowl and whisk together. Stir in the melted butter and spices then the cheese
- Add the macaroni to the bowl and stir until everything is incorporated
- Pour the macaroni mixture into your pan/dish
- Now pour the milk evenly into the pan, kinda poke and shake the pan so the milk can get into all the little spaces.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup (or more!) of cheese and cover before placing in the oven. I like to cover it for 45 minutes and take the lid off for the last 15 minutes or so to get everything nice and browned. Cook for 1 hour or until it looks done!