I am so excited I finally came up with a good beer bread recipe. Whenever I made beer bread, I could always taste a weird, sour, bittery taste in it and I couldn’t enjoy it. I don’t really like beer though so that’s probably why. Everyone has to experiment and figure out how they like their beer bread 🙂 The beer’s purpose is really so you don’t have to rise or proof or knead your bread, the yeast and bubbles in the beer do it for you. You can use any beer you like, my favorite with this recipe is Yuengling Light Lager.
Sweet Honey Beer Bread
3 cups all purpose or self rising flour
1/2 cup white sugar or brown sugar
1 12-oz bottle of beer
3 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl, then add honey and slowly add the beer. Make sure everything’s combined but don’t mix too much, your bread will turn out really tough.
- Pour the batter into your pan and then pour the melted butter over top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Like most things you’ll want it a nice golden brown 🙂 Insert a toothpick and when it comes out clean it’s done!
- Cutting into it while it’s piping hot will probably make it kind of gummy, because the steam escapes before it’s completely finished cooking, so if you can stand to wait until it’s cooled down a while, it’ll taste better. I usually can’t wait. It’s just soo good with a ton of butter.