I love all things potatoes. Like I really really love them. In college our cafeteria had a Baked Potato Bar every Thursday and they were spectacular. I actually set one of the paper trays on fire in my dorm when I tried to heat up my spectacular potato in a toaster oven. Oops. Learned my lesson. But I still love baked potatoes. Here is my recipe for Twice Baked Potatoes.
Twice Baked Potatoes
Wash 3-4 good size taters and poke ’em once with a fork. You can either microwave for about 15 minutes or bake for 1 hour.
Once you take them out and make sure they’re done, cut all of them in half so they can cool.
3/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. butter or margarine
1 cup shredded cheese
Salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion powder, seasoned salt, Nature’s Seasoning
1. Measure all of the ingredients into a bowl. Add the seasoning last, and do so with whatever you have or like. I love Nature’s seasoning and use it in almost everything I cook. I also add garlic salt and pepper extra, even though I’m pretty sure NS already has some.
2. Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
3. Scoop out the potatoes from the skins into the bowl. Leave a little potato in the skins if you like to eat potato skins. Mash them in with the good stuff. I prefer some small chunks of potato in mine, but most of it is smooth by the time I’m done mixing it all together.
4. Fill up the skins with the good stuff! Make each half as even as you can, uneven filling means one potato is burning while your others are just starting to brown.You can top each potato with paprika or shredded cheese or both!
5. Place on a greased cookie sheet, baking stone, foil, etc. and bake for 30 mins or until they begin to turn light brown
Enjoy the spectacular potato goodness!